Sunday, March 05, 2006

One Month to Go

Incredible how time flies. Here I was thinking I had all this time to get myself organised - piano lessons, vocal lessons - things I'd never taken seriously but always taken for granted. I have 5 weeks to take off and I am filled with a mixture of excitment and fear. I am doing what I know to be right and have got a nce collection of songs to record with some that are still stuck up there in my head that will no doubt flow whan I am back in the right environment. So far I have managed to collect £700.00 for the school floor in Martz which will be replaced. I am thankful to all of those who have contributed. It is very hard to feel or want to do anything until you are there among them and you feel on your own flesh, bone, and soul what it means to be deprived.
The primary school (Beecroft) for whom I will work until the end of March have been incredibly supportive. The children in Martz will be so excited that other children in England have raised money for them. It makes it so much more special. I remember a child telling me that by us coming to see them that it made them feel that the world hadn't forgotten about them. They are so full of awe and wonder - I can't wait to see their little faces again. I see the children in the Primary school here in England and realise that children are the same everywhere - surely people are the same everywhere too. It is a shame us grown-ups start to complicate it all.
I recommend a good book "The Little Prince" by Antoine De St. Exupery. It was handed to me years ago. Never let the child inside die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home