Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Out of the Blue

16 years later......16 years later I get an email from the daughter of my fathers twin brother who married an English lady (abour 18 years ago). The last time I saw this little girl she was an 8 month old baby and then things didn't work out and my uncle's wife (now ex-wife) went back to England with her daughter. This was a cousin I was sure I would never hear from again.....
16 years later I get an email....16 years later I get her photos and I almost fall off my chair. She looks like me. She looks like my grandma - she looks so much like a part of my family that if I saw her on the street I would have to stop.
What can I say? I am so happy. To think she only lives an hour away too....
We are all excited about it - so much so my brother literally gave her the breakdown of the family on her dad's side (my uncle) and as expected from an Armenian family - that isn't a small job!!
I love the pleasant surprises in life. Don't you?
Peace and love
S

3 Comments:

Blogger Maral Kojayan said...

Oh, Sonya, how beautiful! I almost teared up. I'm so happy for you all:)

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear,
Everything has it's right time and reason, so take this event as a new beginning and a sign, see what will come and Rejoice!
Love,
Iza

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ralph Hälbig said...

this are story between different worlds ... for western peoples there are not often. Another aspect is the diffrences within families - this is open a western problem. People are in the same city but the don#T like to see each other ...

Be happy! R.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home